9.11.2005

my response

As many of you have seen recently over the course of reading my blog and several others, there have been some interesting things going on across the NewSpring blog landscape. For the benefit of AV Club readers, and for the benefit of the anonymous person who is posting their thoughts on other sites formerly held by NewSpring staff, I will share my thoughts. Then I will cease all further discussion of this topic on the AV Club.

First, to address the anonymous blogger.
It is apparent to me that you are bitter. You even stated that fact in your post entitled "Now, I'm a Troll?" I am sorry that something (or someone) rubbed you the wrong way, especially if it was a Christian not acting like a Christian. You say you were searching and reaching out when you were shut out. I am truly sorry to hear that. Lashing out with bitterness will do nothing but consume you. I urge you not to define your life with this frustration.

I don't know if you will believe me or if you care, but I've been praying for you. I began praying for you on Saturday morning. I'm praying that you will find the answers that you seek, and that God would reveal his true self to you. People have sin. People will disappoint you. But God is always true, always consistent. I pray that you are able to see him.

The only problem I have with you concerns the way you present yourself. You absolutely have a right to say whatever you would like online. You have just as much of a right to your opinion as I do, or anyone else for that matter ("push-button publishing for the people," isn't that blogger's slogan?).

But you have decided to occupy three (to my knowledge) blog addresses that were previously held by people affiliated with NewSpring. And you have titled them as parodies of the original blog owner's names. You choose not to clearly identify yourself, and that potentially reflects badly on the original owners.

I have a few suggestions to offer you. Contact me directly. My e-mail address is ken.wilson@gmail.com. If you would like to meet and talk in person, I would be happy to buy you a cup of coffee. There's a great coffee shop here in Anderson where I like to go. I don't claim to have all the answers; I assure you that I do not. I have no interest in debating you. However, you said you were shut out. I'm offering to reach out to you.

As for your commentary on the church, I'll offer this scripture. It is Acts 5:38-39:

"38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Use this as your acid test for whether something is unscriptural or not. If what NewSpring, or any other church, does is not of God, it will die a natural death on its own. If you feel you must continue your commentary on churches, at least drop your fear and identify yourself clearly. It is easy to hide behind the wall and lob stones. It shows much more maturity to face a conflict head-on.

As an aside, I am flattered that you are either attending NewSpring or listening our messages online.


And now to address AV Club readers:
Most of you have probably followed the links and seen what the anonymous blogger is saying. I appreciate the encouraging comments some of you left me. (As a side note, did you notice that those who commented negatively did not identify themselves?) I see no fruit in carrying this topic on any further. I adhere to this verse, 2 Timothy 2:23:

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

I will no longer be occupying my time with this dispute. I will not be reading the anonymous posts from Jake's blog. I offered to talk with the anonymous blogger in person, and that is the only communication I will receive from him.

I urge all of you to cease visiting his blogs. He's running "StatCounter" which tracks the number of hits his page receives. To continue to visit and read his posts will give him what he wants, an open forum with no accountability.


AVed at 9/11/2005 01:51:00 PM | LINK |